Sunday 7 August 2016

LET'S TALK ABOUT BROWS.




A question many of us have asked ourselves at one time or another, and something I've seen on Twitter many times is "when did I start paying attention to peoples' brows??". My brow story is rather a sad one, whilst that may be a little dramatic sounding, it's true. I was born with extremely pale blonde hair so in turn, very fair brows. They are naturally very unnoticeable and when I first started to want to fill in my brows, I had no idea where to start. I would sit for hours watching Tanya Burr on YouTube desperately attempting to mimic her actions. With no luck, I looked ridiculous. So when I read a great on Into The Gloss about filling in the brows (check it out here), I was inspired to share my tips with anyone who would find them useful. 

The first step that I do now and again is dyeing my brows with a little kit from boots. I don't do this normally, I have before but whilst I was blonde I found that I looked a bit weird with no makeup on. However, since dyeing my hair dark, I tried it out again to make my face look slightly more balanced. This also makes filling in your brows so much quicker and easier.

FAVE PRODUCTS:

I've tried an endless amount of brow products over the years and I've settled on this little collection of products and I'm obsessed with how they make my brows look. 

I start with Benefit Gimme Brow which is a brow mascara that thickens the look of your brows and even gives the illusion of more hair. If you already have a nice brow shape, this could be your one and only step to getting fleek-y brows. I would never fill in my brows without starting with this product. Cult. 

I then move onto the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Blonde. I still use blonde even with my darker hair as I don't want it to look too harsh on my face. This product gives the brows the most amazing, natural- looking texture. It's not too expensive and everyone knows that Anastasia is the queen of brows. 

I then darken my brows and add even more texture and fullness to the brows using the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown. This is by far my favourite powder and they come in enough shades to suit everyone. 

Lastly I perfect the shape using the Benefit Precisely, My Brow pencil. It's super thin and the formula is very long wearing. This step may not be necessary but I really like how it makes my brows look.

Hope you liked this post, may all your brow days be good.

Byeee x







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Francesca Beauty ♥ | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig