Monday 30 March 2015

My favourite drugstore foundations ♥



Foundation is one of my biggest weaknesses. For some people (including my mother) its mascara, for others (including my bestfriend) it's lipstick but for my it's foundation (+ concealer). I absolutely love trying new high end and drugstore foundation. I've tried so many foundations that I've loved so I decided to whittle it down to my top 4 from the drugstore (hey, that rhymed).

All of these foundation work amazingly well on my oily skin but I will say for each one what skin type I think it would work on.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation (Combination/ Oily): This is the staple that seems to be in the makeup bag of everyone with oily skin. It's basically Revlon's answer to Estée Lauder Double Wear but for a third of the price which is a major positive if you don't have a huge budget. 
It's not the thinnest/ lightest foundation but it also doesn't feel horrible and heavy or look cakey on the skin which is nice. 
The colour range is really good for people with paler complexions because the lightest shade is very fair and I always use it on my friend Amelia who has very fair skin and always struggles with her foundations looking orange on her- and she loves it.

L'oreal True Match (Normal to combination skin): This isn't a foundation that I wear all that often however i included it because when i do wear it which tends to be more in summer, i really like it. I have a darker shade in this foundation for when i'm trying to optimize the look of my tan, this can be tricky to get right because you can just end up looking like a Wotsit (or Cheeto). 
However this foundation blends out smoothly and seamlessly into my skin and looks non- detectable. 
I also really love the packaging and as L'Oreal is owned by the same company as YSL you know the ingredients used are fabulous too.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation (All skin types): This has been a newer discovery but as soon as i discovered it i barely wore anything else. The formula is amazing, it gives a medium but buildable coverage and lasts all day long on my skin which never happens (unless i'm wearing Estée Lauder Double Wear). 
I much prefer the nude version as apposed to the regular one with the red lid which is the full- coverage version. It's barely noticeable on the skin but makes everything look flawless.
I would definitely say it's one of the best foundations you can get on the highstreet.

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation (Normal to Combination): I believe that Revlon came out with this foundation as a cheaper alternative to the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation, it's light but still gives good coverage and gives a really pretty dewy, but not shiny finish.
I love wearing this foundation when i don't want anything too heavy, it's great for everyday wear if you don't want a full- coverage flawless look.
The only annoying thing about the packaging is that there's no pump but it's still a really great foundation.

Thanks for reading.
F ♥

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Francesca Beauty ♥ | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig